FHGC COVID19 Vaccination Mandateby Mr Geoff Kelly @ 09:50 AM, 17th Dec 2021
Dear Members and Guests,
Further to consultation relating to the welfare of all patrons and staff the Flagstaff Hill Golf Club, the Board has decided to implement a mandatory requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations. The health and safety of our community remains our priority and we believe this action best protects us against the ongoing challenges of the pandemic.
Upon consideration of various factors, the Board agree that COVID-19 vaccinations will be mandatory to attend The Flagstaff Hill Golf Club, excluding those with a written medical exemption or if the member or visitor is under the age of 16 years, from 15th January 2022.
The following process will be implemented to ensure the safety of all patrons and staff:
- As a condition of entry to all areas of the Club from 12:01am on 15th January 2022, each member, staff member and any visitor aged 16 and over must have had at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Australia. Members and visitors must agree to provide evidence of their COVID-19 vaccination to the Club. The Club will record the vaccination status of all members on our system.
- From 12:01am on 15th February 2022, each member, staff member and any visitor aged 16 and over must have had at least two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination approved for use in Australia.
- For those fully vaccinated, your COVID-19 digital certificate will be available through the myGov website - www.my.gov.au. Those with only a single vaccination can obtain a document setting out their vaccination history through the same website. The Club encourages members to download the relevant documents onto their phone and/or computer.
- Members with a COVID-19 digital certificate must update their vaccination status on the club website under "My Details", by providing the date, document number and uploading a PDF or image of the certificate. Alternatively, they may present their certificate to Administration or Pro Shop staff who will record their status.
- Members with a single vaccination must forward proof by email to email@example.com or show personally to the Administration or Pro Shop staff, and provide proof of their second dose when completed, as above.
- Written medical exemptions must be from a registered medical practitioner and are to be provided to the General Manager personally or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once proof of vaccination has been provided, the Club will update your status in the Membership Database and on The Flagstaff Hill GC website. Your vaccination status can only be seen by yourself and those that have administration rights.
- Timesheets will prevent any member who has not provided proof of vaccination or medical exemption from making a booking for play after 14th January 2021.
- Members bringing guests to the Club must advise their guests that vaccination is a mandatory requirement to attend the Club and that each guest must bring with them proof of their vaccination status or written medical exemption. Relevant documents will need to be sighted by a staff member before any guests will be given access to the Club. Guests who are not in possession of the necessary documents will be asked leave. The Club will support its staff in enforcing what is required.
Paul Shillabeer - Captain