COVID-19 Update - 27th July 2021by Mr Geoff Kelly @ 02:49 PM, 27th Jul 2021
Please be advised the Flagstaff Hill Golf Club will reopen to members tomorrow, Wednesday 28th of July. All members and guests are advised to adhere to staff instructions at all times, particularly in relation to social distancing and COVID safe check-ins. All members and guests are instructed to avoid contact with other patrons where possible and exercise caution when unsure of COVID rules.
The Club will continue to monitor government directives and adjust our operations as such. Upon reopening on Wednesday 28th of July, the following restrictions will be in place:
- Social golf can resume being played in groups of four;
- At this time competitions may not be conducted;
- Pro shops can operate as per normal, observing a density quotient of 1 person per 4 square metres;
- Individual and group outdoor coaching can recommence;
- Indoor coaching can recommence, observing a density quotient of 1 person per 4 square metres.
Golf Australia understands the importance of club competition golf and that in practice there is minimal difference between social & competition golf. We are making representation to the government on the matter and will advise clubs through this channel if we receive alternate advice to what was announced today.
Food and beverage service can resume under the following conditions:
- All consumption must take place while seated;
- Capacities are limited to 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Masks must be worn in all indoor public settings, other than when eating or drinking.
These directives are in line with current Golf Australia instructions. If you have any queries please direct them to the nearest staff member.Back to news