COVID-19 Update - 18th March 2020by Mr Joel Cross @ 10:29 AM, 19th Mar 2020
Dear members, guests and staff
Our priority at the Flagstaff Hill Golf Club is the health and wellbeing of all members, staff and visitors.
In response to the Australian Government’s statements regarding the health of all citizens, the Club
would like to implement the following strategies to prevent the spreading of COVID-19. These
management strategies have been considered by the Club and in conjunction with several governing
bodies including Golf Australia.
Up-to-date information can be found at https://www.health.gov.au/news/healthalerts/novelcoronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
As of Wednesday 18th March, the Board and Management have implemented several operational
changes to prevent the virus from spreading. These include:
- Hand sanitisers have been placed in prominent areas around the Club;
- Please wash your hands regularly with water and soap for up to 20 seconds then dry them with the additional paper towels provided;
- Additional cleaning practices implemented to wipe down door handles, balustrades and other hard surfaces where there is regular contact, to occur several times daily;
- We will go cashless in the Pro Shop & Clubhouse and will only accept electronic transactions using your debit or credit card;
- Shared sunscreen and deodorant items have been removed from the locker rooms and bathrooms;
- We encourage members to maintain at least 1.5 metres distance between yourself and anyone else while at the Club, and avoid any unnecessary contact, including not shaking hands at all times;
- We encourage golfers to wear their glove when removing the flag stick and when raking bunkers;
- The Government has recently advised that non-essential indoor gatherings of more than 100 people should be cancelled and 500 people outdoors. In response to this the Flagstaff Hill Dave Potter Honda ProAm has been cancelled. Please see statement from the PGA of Australia https://pga.org.au/news/events-postponed-due-to-covid-19-threat/
- The small flags on the practise green will be removed until further notice
- More diligent cleaning of pull buggies, golf carts and hard surfaces in and around ProShop will be performed by staff, however, please assist where needed
Members, guests, staff and any other visitors to the Club who have recently travelled overseas must
follow the Australian Government’s guidance.
All travellers must isolate for a period of 14 days after they have entered Australia as of 12AM
16th March 2020.
If you have entered Australia from the following countries or have been on a cruise ship within the last
14 days, you must not enter the Club including usage of the golf courses and practice facilities:
- Mainland China - Iran - Italy
- Republic of Korea - Cambodia - Hong Kong
- Indonesia - Japan - Singapore
- Thailand - USA - Mongolia
If you have been in contact with a proven case of coronavirus, you must isolate yourself for 14
days from the date of last contact with the confirmed case.
We request that all members that have cold and flu like symptoms, including a sore throat, cough,
fever, body aches and pains avoid the Club and seek medical advice. Please be aware of the
symptoms associated with the virus. If you develop a fever or a cough, seek medical advice urgently
and follow the guidelines for self-isolation.
Board and Management will continue to monitor the situation and may be required to take further
action which may include restriction of non-members visiting the Club and closure of the clubhouse.
Further updates will be available to members as information comes to hand.
If you are worried but not unwell, please call the National COVID-19 hotline which operates 24/7 on
1800 020 080.
We thank you for your understanding and co-operation at this very difficult time.
General ManagerBack to news